Re: PLEASE use mirrors

At 11:16 11/16/00 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I guess we could use mirrors on the snapshots page.

it might not be a bad idea, I've been trying to get
the latest snapshot since I got home a few hours ago,
no luck, the server has always been at 30/30. :(

What would really be nice is a good automated mirror
selection process that could be embedded into the web
page such that it's user transparent, it would also have
to be platform neutral, and smart enough to take into
account the current load on the net between you and each
of the mirrors, as well as the currency of each mirror.

Of course I'm dreaming... but it's a nice delusion.