calloc fails after MEMUSAGE 143 Meg (fwd)

Hello cywin guru,

  Maybe you can help me with the following problem.
We are running Cygwin version 1.1 on Windows NT.
When the process reaches MEMUSAGE 143 Meg the calloc
fails. We ran this on a machine with 252 Meg RAM and
also on a machine with 512 RAM, it makes no difference.
Additional swap space doesn't seem to play a role either.

We will greatly appreciate your expert advice on this matter.

Greetings,
            Mattie

  +--------------------------------+---------------------------+
  | Mattie Sim                     | mattie.sim@bitbybit-is.nl |
  | BitByBit Information Systems   | http://www.bitbybit-is.nl |
  | Kluyverweg 2a                  | tel 31.(0)15-268 2569     |
  | 2629 HT Delft, The Netherlands | fax 31.(0)15-268 2530     |

 This E-mail message and any files transmitted with this E-mail message,is
 intended only for the use of the person or entity to which it is
 addressed. This E-mail message may contain confidential and/or privileged
 taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
 entities other than the intended recipient is strictly PROHIBITED. If you
 received this transmission in error, please contact the sender and delete
 the material from your computer.