RE: ediff falsely identifying a difference as white space only

At 01:47 PM 11/29/2000, Chuck.Irvine@mail.sprint.com wrote:
>I'm not sure what you mean in your last sentence, but if you , mean find
>something other than ediff, I'd rather find a fix. It's very nice once
>its working.

I mean that you need either something like ediff that doesn't have problems
with carriage returns or ediff needs to be fixed to resolve the issue.  If
you prefer the latter and the issue is merely that ediff trips over
carriage returns, the fix is straight-forward.  You just need to make
sure that ediff opens the files in text mode.  If this is indeed an ediff
problem, then it isn't a Cygwin problem!;-)