RE: cv-quals lack an intervening 'const'

Donald,
	First, a cv-qualifier is a "const", "volatile", or "const volatile"
qualifier on a type.  (If you have access to the C++ standard, it's in
section 3.9.3.)
	Second, your trouble is because gcc is being a little more strict
than the other compiler.  You need to add a "const" between the two *'s in
the return definition of the function.  Or, add "typedef Foo** PPFoo" or the
like and use that whenever you need to use the pointer-to-pointer-to-Foo.

Brad Town