Direct CDrom access in cygwin (ie. ioctl)

Greetings,

I'm trying to port my 'distributed CD Ripping tool' to the windows
platform and Im faced with the following problem; On Unix systems I use
a java front end that fires off a platform specific binary that rips the
CD (ie. cdparanoia, tosha, or dagrab) and communicates to the java
application using a local socket.  Very straightforward on unix, but is
there somthing similar to, for example the ioctl to get the toc, and to
readaudio ? Or is there some other way to do this ... spawning a gui
client from the background process is, you guessed it, useless to get
anything usefull through stdout.

Thanks,
Case