Re: Using PThread dll with cygwin

At 10:15 AM 12/21/2000, acabrero wrote:
>Hi,
>I have just found the PThread library for POSIX threads, and I'd like to
>know if it's posible to use with Cygwin or if it isn't compatible. I
>have read that there might be some problems becuase Cygwin's own POSIX
>threads implementation, but I still need some functions provided in the
>PTHREADS-WIN32 library that aren't implemented in Cygwin.
>Thanks.
>
>Angel.

You can check the mail archives yourself on this subject and draw your own
conclusions but everything I've read on this subject indicates to me that
the PThread library is not compatible/usable with Cygwin.  Missing
functionality in the Cygwin implementation needs to be added.  Feel free to
contribute pieces you see missing if you're so inclined.