Re: volunteers gratefully accepted

I appreciate everyone who has contacted me after this email but I was
kind of hoping that people would peruse the project and try to figure
out where they could make a difference.

If you are a C programmer, then maybe you might want to think about
becoming a package maintainer or augmenting some of the cygwin utilties.

If you understand web stuff then look at the web pages and think about
how you'd like to contribute.

If you are a documentation expert then maybe the cygwin docs will entice
you.

I'd rather avoid being a manager as much as I can.  I already do that in
my real job and I'd rather not have to spend time giving people
assignments externally, too.  I'd rather have self-motivated volunteers.

An excellent example of this is David Starks-Browning.  I asked for
volunteers, he stepped up and said "I'd like to do the FAQ" and he's
been doing an excellent job ever since.

That's what I'm looking for.

I have no objections to someone who is looking to volunteer asking the
rest of the list for ideas, given their skill set.  Maybe I'll even join
in with ideas.  I just don't want to be giving marching orders if I can
help it.

cgf