Re: -mno-cygwin and MSVCRT vs CRTDLL

On 25 Jan 2001, at 21:38, the Illustrious Andreas Eibach wrote:

>  Paul Garceau wrote:
>  > Win95B includes "msvcrt.dll".
>
>  Yes but for what purpose, _nowadays_?
>
>  Yes, your statement *is* right so far, but consider this one _much too
>  old_ for recent programs - and so it's absolutely inappropriate for
>  people that use VC++ 6 to create software!

	*Ahem*...what's this got to do with gcc or Cygwin?

	As I recall, gcc and Cygwin are _not designed to work with msvc/c++
object code_...gcc, cygwin and mingw all have the capability, however,
to _use/load any MSVC/C++ generated .dll_ and it doesn't matter whether
the .dll was built under Win9x/WinME/WinNT/Win2k; nor does it matter,
for the most part, which VS was used to generate that .dll.

	If you're talking about Mingw, that is, for the most part, off-topic
for this mailing list except as to how Cygwin interfaces to the Mingw
runtime included as part of the Cygwin runtime distribution.  If you
want to talk about Mingw, then you should check out the following
mailing list:

	mingw-users@lists.sourceforge.net

	Peace,

		Paul G.