[OT] How to split Microsoft Exchange mail between Outlook and a friendly mail tool

I know this is off topic for this group, but it is also a
likely interest of people on this list.  I'm on a Microsoft
Exchange server at work.  I need to use Outlook as my Mail
User Agent for work related mail because of the heavy use
of follow-ups and meeting scheduling.  But for outside
mail like this list, I'd like to send the mail off to
folders for processing by something good like VM under
XEmacs.

Fetchmail looks like it will retrieve mail from an Exchange
server, but it isn't selective.   Is anyone aware of a way
to split the mail stream in this way?

thanks,
david

David Bush