Re: Problems with root directory of cygwin

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 02:08:46PM +0100, Axel Kowald wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just installed (with setup.exe) the latest version of cygwin on my NT
>machine. Evrything went fine except for one small problem.
>
>It seems that cygwin thinks that the directory where I installed it,
>c:\Programme\cygwin, is the root directory and not c:\.

This is how Cygwin works.  You chose the directory that is to be considered
root when you installed the product.

Read the documentation on the mount command for info on how to set your
own mounts.

The documentation for this is on the web site http://cygwin.com/ .

cgf