Re: cygwin and GPL (again)

> After reading the descriptions of the cygwin and cygwin-developers
> list, I got the distinct impression that I don't belong on the
> cygwin-developers list.

Perhaps it's time to reconsider the purposes of the lists?  I would be
happy to treat the cygwin-developer list as appropriate for any topic
about the internals or improvement of the cygwin runtime or support
files (including documentation, and people interested in learning
about the internals for the purposes of porting to cygwin), and leave
the cygwin list for people who are just using the runtime, without
interest in how it works.  The DJGPP lists work like this.

The cygwin-apps list would then be for people to discuss the porting
of apps to cygwin, when it doesn't involve knowing too much about the
internals of the cygwin runtime itself.  We should expect crossover
anyway, but it's easier to be lenient than try to define the
boundaries of the lists too precisely.

As for keeping things on-topic, it's easy enough to politely say "this
discussion belongs on [foo], please move it there" (if it's a faq,
along with an answer, if possible ;) than to start holy wars about
list topics.