Re: Cygwin compiled DLL under Visual C++

/ Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
| [...]
| Right.  And, I have to point out that if you are linking with the Cygwin DLL,
| *all* of your source has now become GPLed.  If you are providing a commercial
| release of your product you had better make sure that you also make the
| sources available or you will be in violation of Cygwin's licensing terms.

There seems to be an alternative, mentioned in the FAQ:

"In particular, if you intend to port a proprietary (non-GPL'd)
application using Cygwin, you will need the proprietary-use license
for the Cygwin library. This is available for purchase; please contact
sales@cygnus.com for more information. All other questions should be

Hmm BTW Anything under the cygwin dist going under LGPL, or how was
it.. is the LGPL already ancient, replaced with something else?

        /Andy