RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT]: Important change to symbolic link functionali ty

> The shortcut contains a DOS path and a POSIX path. The POSIX path is
> used by Cygwin or U/WIN. The DOS path is used by native Windows tools,
> obviously.

That is, when I open shortcut properties in Explorer I see DOS path? Then
there is a possibility that user changes shortcut there and DOS/Cygwin paths
differ. One way to store paths checksums in .lnk; but it is not clear what to
do in this case - you cannot recreate possibly relative Unix path from changed
DOS one. Probably, in this case the right thing is to invalidate Unix path in
shortcut alltogether.

If symlinks are implemeted as shortcuts, it may  turn out to be quite a common
problem.

-andrej