RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT]: Important change to symbolic link functionali ty

FINE! :-))

You just have me raelize that your patch not only allows Explorer to follow
Cygwin symlinks, but also cygwin to follow Explorer shortcuts as if they
were Cygwin symlinks!

But what happens if i

	ln -s "C:/Somewhere/Something" something

Do I get a DOS shortcut or a mount-table dependant cygwin symlink with a dos
path set to "C:/Somewhere/Something"? Note that this is especially important
if, due to the mount table setup, C:/Somewhere/Something" is NOT accessible
using a cygwin path (because I've mounted something above "C:/Somewhere",
e.g:

	mount C:/ /
	mount C:/SomewhereElse	/Somewhere

Then "C:/Somewhere/Something" is no more accessible with a cygwin path (or
do it is by /cygdrive/c/Somewhere/Something ? I just wonder while typing...
Please excuse for the noise if it is).

Anyway don't take my word for a criticism: this is a REALLY good thing to
have some interoperability between cygwin symlinks and DOS shortcuts.

Thanks again,

	Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux
Microprocess Ingenierie