Re: fpTeX and Cygwin

Jochen Küpper wrote:

> Jerome> Jochen Küpper wrote:
>
> >> I try to use fpTeX within Cygwin. Several programs (including
> >> kpsewich, dvips) work fine. latex itself, doesn't though:
>
> Jerome> You can build teTeX under Cygwin modulo minor change:
> Jerome> all work fine even LaTeX !
>
> Well, I try to avoid that for several reasons (incl. compatibility
> with other machines over here not running cygwin:)

I don't understand:
1] only TeX (and its friends) files have to be compatible,
2] cygwin is unix-like, so portable: you can use customary tools (as
GNUMake,...)

> As this is a slow machine (Pentium 166:)
> - Are there teTeX-binaries for cygwin available?

As far as I know, unfortunarely NOT !

> - Is teTeX on cygwin as fast as fpTeX?

I don't know `fpTeX': but it seems faster than MiKTeX.

Have you try Linux for your slow machine ?

Chucks,
Jerome BENOIT