RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT]: Important change to symbolic link functionali ty

> 	This was probably unclear...When "Add"ing "to WinZip", what actually
> happens is that WinZip runtime looks at the target reference (in this
> case, d:\cygwin\cygwin.bat) and automatically archives the target file,
> cygwin.bat.  Outside of the "target reference" of the cygwin.lnk file,
> nothing else is added to the WinZip Archive.
>
> 	I guess this means you will always get a file added to the WinZip
> archive, even though it may not be the one you really want to have
> added...;-)

Well, it sounds to me as difference between follow and no follow symlynks on
Unix. If you archive with any equivalent of "follow symlinks" option on Unix
you get thye first behaviour.

To this extent I find it acceptable. I actually believe, that in first case it
is Explorer who resolves link and not WinZip. Somewhere in user doc there
should be a note on this matter - but it is impossible to account for any
program quirks.

More important problem - if /usr/bin is shortcut (a.k.a. symlink) to /bin, and
I try to extract or archive /usr/bin/foo.exe - what happens? May existing Unix
packages rely on this.

-andrej