Re: Make hung in WaitForMultipleObjects inside Cygwin

Hi!

Friday, 02 March, 2001 Jonathan Kamens jik@curl.com wrote:

JK> Make process 404 is hung there.  Unlike yesterday's hang, however,
JK> when I run "ps" this process does not show "I" in its status column.
JK> Two other differences from yesterday: (1) gdb won't let me attach to
JK> the hung process (it claims that it can't); (2) I can't kill the
JK> process.  No signal, including TERM, KILL and CHLD, has any effect on
JK> it -- it just remains in the state shown above, i.e., with no
JK> additional output shown in the log file.

did  you use win32-style pid when tried to attach to process from gdb?
gdb  expects  win32-style  pid  (shown  with 'ps -l' command). Most of
time,  cygwin  pid  is equal to native one, but sometimes it's not the
case.   if  your 'make' process w/ cygwin pid 404 had different native
pid, gdb could indeed say that it can't attach to process 404.