Re: Arrow keys not working after telnet

At 10:10 AM 3/5/2001, Louis Bohm wrote:
>I wish it was just that simple... I am using the telnet feature to telnet to
>the suns in our production environment and I am not allowed to add files to
>the production machines with out project plans, QA, Testing...  An EXTREMELY
>good reason...  Is there no other way.  Something I can do on my laptop???

I don't think so.  The problem is that the machine you're going to doesn't
understand your (default) terminal type.  This terminal type does know about
your arrow keys.  The terminal type you're changing to on the Sun obviously
doesn't know about these keys.  If you want the Sun to recognize these keys
you have to either:

   1. Provide a terminal description for the Sun that does know these keys.

   2. Alter a terminal description on the Sun so that it knows these keys.

   3. Find some existing terminal type on the Sun that already knows about
      these keys.

Since you state that you're not allowed to add or change anything on the
Sun machine, you're best (only) bet is (3).  I can't predict how successful
you'll be in this endeavor.  To be honest though, this is neither a Cygwin
nor a Sun issue.  It's a problem that arises from the policies you must
follow on the Sun machine you're using.

Sorry,