Re: Difficulty with getting ntsec to work.

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 06:13:08PM -0500, Derek Pomery wrote:
> >Ok...
> >
> >Are you running inetd from an account with the following privileges:
> >
> >1) "Act as part of the operating system"
> >2) "Replace process level token"
> >3) "Increase quotas"
> >4) "Logon as a service"
> >
> >or under user LocalSystem?
> >[...]
> >Jason Alonso
>
> Well, most of those options I still don't know how to check under win2k.
> However, the run as service one, yes.
> As for the rest, well, just created a user for it to run as, added it to
> all groups, and hoped for the best.

That doesn't work as explicitely mentioned in the README. Why didn't
you simply run it under LocalSystem account???

>   Even under properties in the obscure
> manager you pointed out, the rest weren't listed.

Start->Programs->Administrative Tools->Local Security Policy->
Security Settings->Local Policies->User Rights Assignment

Setting the user rights is essential.

> Has anyone else on this list gotten inetd running under Win2k, and could
> they mention if they did anything different from NT4?

I'm running it under W2K all the time. No difference to NT4.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.