Re: Detecting the need for -mwin32 in newer cygwin gcc's

On Mar  8, 2001, "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au> wrote:

> Having set the stage above, you can see that squid uses autoconf to
> detect what features are available, before trying to compile them in,
> and that it is very reasonable for the developers to add fine tuned
> support for various core parts of squid using the win32 API

Sure.  In this case, I suppose pulling a macro from the autoconf macro
archive to detect the need for -mwin32 and calling it in their
configure.in wouldn't be asking too much.  After all, in any case,
they'd have to be aware of the need for calling the macro.

The only issue is whether to provide that macro in GNU autoconf or let
it evolve separately in the macro archive.  I think the latter is a
better approach, at least for now.