Re: Problems with Cygwin Inetd.exe

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 10:02:32AM -0800, Bob Heckel wrote:
> Here's what I found to be the solution:
>   Make sure /usr/sbin (i.e. c:\cygwin\usr\sbin) is on
>   Administrator's path.
> [...]
>   - The Win32 Administrator's environment variable PATH
>     must contain the path to the directory which contains
>     the cygwin1.dll as well as the inetd.exe executable
>     (inetd.exe is usually installed to c:\cygwin\usr\sbin).
>
> Please correct me if I've misunderstood anything; please
> disregard if this issue has already been resolved.

I'm a bit surprised that that should have helped you for
anything. It's not needed to have /usr/sbin in the PATH
since the full path to inetd is registered in the, um,
registry (better, the inetd service entry). I'm using inetd
as well, started from LocalSystem account. There's only
C:\cygwin\bin in my PATH.

Btw, it's not the Administrator's PATH you're talking about
but the system PATH. That's the PATH in the system environment
which all processes share even the services started by the SCM.
They are saved in the registry in the key
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment.
The Administrator has it's own user defined PATH as all users
have.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.