Re: Make file for Java2 Micro Edition

Robert Collins wrote:

> Steve,
>     MKS refers to a commercial (AFAIK) set of tools that provide some
> unix functionality on windows.

[snip]

> The Cygwin project has it's own compiler (GCC) and also provides unix
> functionality (a lot more than MKS :]).

<testimonial>
I took a copy of mks provided by my job and put it on my Win2k box. It
was decent enough until I wanted to automatically build perl modules.

gzip is named mkszip and doesn't take an option that was required by
perl builds. I could never get their tar to work.

I just re-loaded cygwin. It's come a LONG way from 18 months ago. Kudos.

</testimonial>

--
Matthew O. Persico

http://www.acecape.com/dsl