Re: Two questions: Moving Directories, Ctrl-Z

Use the source Mark! Your $.02 would rapidly become $completed and done
the way you want it.

Wanting something different is vastly different from helping make it
different.

One possible reason that chris has said "don't do that" is that the
error may not be conclusive. I.E. cygwin might see (whatever it is) the
status code and be able to successfully copy the files appropriately. So
the logic may not be trivial, or it may be straightforward but you've
run into the scheduling problem.

A) IMO this is a low low priority issue. It works today with the usual
windows semantics. I.e. try this under explorer.exe or cmd.exe or
command.com and it copies and then errors at the end.
B) Chris isn't hired to code. Tough to believe I know, but check the
list archives.
C) AFAIK only Corinna is full-time on cygwin development, and I'm sure
that RedHat's paying clientele would have some persuasive arguments as
to why their requests should get attended to first.
D) As you have the tools to investigate this yourself, you could attempt
that. The list _is helpful_ to people trying to contribute patchs.
(Check the archives if you don't believe me).

Rob