Re: Perl: Textmode vs. Binary mode...

I don't think this is a Cygwin issue but it will probably
occur more frequently in a Cygwin environment.

If CONFIG was written on a Unix machine, the records will
terminate with <LF> and "chomp" will remove it.

If CONFIG was written on a Windows machine, the records will
terminate with <CR><LF> and "chomp" will take the <LF>
out and leave the <CR>.

Use this instead of "chomp" so that you don't have to
worry about it:

  s/[\r\n]+$//;	# remove <CR> and/or <LF> from the end of $_

Bob Heckel