Re: Does win2000 come with SSH daemon ?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 09:14:39AM -0700, Bret Jordan wrote:
> > What I have found out about sftpd and things that I have found it won't
> > work with out are:
> >
> > 1) You must use bash/sh in the passwd file
>
> After retrospecting discussions on the openssh-unix-dev mailing list
> I found that there's a problem using sftp together with a bash shell
> when your /etc/bashrc or ~/.bashrc files have commands in them which
> print things to stdout or stderr.
>
> You should avoid any printing in .bashrc.

I do avoid it; my .bashrc, .bash_profile, /etc/profile, and /etc/bashrc
do not print anything.

> I just uploaded a brand new version of OpenSSH (2.5.2p2) to latest.
> One of the problems solved is that the client no longer asks for the
> passphrase if the key will not be accepted by the server...

Yep. Confirmed -- this particular anomoly no longer occurs.

However, I still can't sftp successfully (ssh, scp works fine).  I've
got some more info, but I'll put that in another email--hopefully as a
reply to your upcoming 2.5.2p2 annoucement.

--Chuck