Re: Problem with login - login incorrect

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 12:03:06AM -0800, Mark Calder wrote:
> Hello I am setting up cygwin in a Win2k domain called
> students.
>
> When I use the login command I get "login incorrect".

You cannot change user context on NT/W2K if your account
has not explicitely set several user rights. Even administrator
doesn't have all these user rights. These rights are

        "Act as part of the operating system"
	"Replace process level token"
	"Increase quotas"

In W2K you have to set these rights in the local or domain security
policy mmc snap-in whichever is appropriate for you. In NT you would
have to use the user manager resp. the user manager for domains.

Corinna

> When I type passwd I get "unknown user mcalder".

passwd doesn't act well for domain accounts, only for local accounts.
Patches welcome.

> Btw the command su cannot be found is that unusual?
> $ su
> bash: su: command not found

You didn't install all packages. However, `su' doesn't work in
Cygwin so it's no problem at all.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.