Re: port of omniorb

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fleischer, Karsten (K.)" <kfleisc1@getrag-ford.com>
To: "'Robert Collins'" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>;
<cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 1:49 AM
Subject: RE: port of omniorb

> > What's missing in the pthread implementation? Give me a direction or
> > particular function list and I'll see what I can do.
>
> A quick grep on the posix.cc source file gives the following
functions:

Thanks.
    Are they all critical, or are any of them tested for?

I've marked below the status (from memory - it's not gospel) of cygwin.
X - done, bug reports accepted
C - can't be done, or very hard to do.  Should be critical regardless -
consider patching the source to not need this.
O - coded, but possibly not available in cygwin snapshots.

I suspect that some of your closely named function there are #if tested
across several platforms (ie whats the difference betwen
pthread_attr_delete and _destroy?

I'm going to make an effort this week to get a backlogged patch tidied
up and resubmitted which will cover the functions marked O, I'll post
here once that's in a snapshot.

IMO that should make your program compilable and useable (it may not
have relative priorities between threads, but that should not be a
showstopper.

Rob

> pthread_attr_create
> pthread_attr_delete