This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problems quotes ...]
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: problems quotes ...]
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 20:28:29 -0400
- Cc: pizoret at free dot fr
- References: <3AC90B11.E79A16C6@free.fr>
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 01:28:17AM +0200, Philippe Izoret wrote:
>From: Debian User <email@example.com>
>Subject: problems quotes ...
>Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 22:14:11 +0200
>i want to excute from Dos Winnt command this :
>D:\Gnu\cygnus\bin\tar cvf /Disque_D/Test_Sav_Data/liste.tar
>`D:\Gnu\cygnus\bin\find /Disque_D/Data/* -type f -print`
>i think the inverse quote is not interpreted by Msdos command .
That's right. Cygwin doesn't magically make your DOS prompt able to
handle all UNIX conventions. You can't use backquotes at the DOS
command prompt. Use bash if you want to do this.
Btw, only one message per problem, please. There's no need to send
the same thing to the mailing list twice.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple