This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh host name selection
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: ssh host name selection
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 10:49:23 +0200
- References: <F101iGXix4A2DreBBsQ00000007@hotmail.com>
On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 11:27:29PM -0700, Karl M wrote:
> Hi All...
> I recall ssh-1.2.xx having code in it which looked at the program name by
> which ssh was invoked. If the name was not on a list in the code, then the
> program name was used as the host name. Does OpenSSH have this feature? On a
> quick look through the code, I didn't see it.
That "feature" (which basically is a security hole) has been dropped
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple