This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: installation trouble
- To: Dave Gordon <dgordon at algorithmic dot com>
- Subject: Re: installation trouble
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 07:54:26 -0500
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <20010403175306.A7354@algorithmic.com>
- Reply-To: Earnie Boyd <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Dave Gordon wrote:
> Hi, I'm having problems installing cygwin on a system running
> Windows NT 4 (service pack 6) and hoping someone can help me.
> I installed cygwin a couple of months ago without difficulty,
> but when trying to do an update yesterday installation failed
> with copious error messages. After several unsuccessful attempts
> to get it working I thought something might be screwed up in the
> registry or in the cygwin directory, so I deleted everything and
> started a fresh install. No luck. Setup.exe now gives the same
> error messages as when I tried to update. In particular, while
> trying to install autoconf-2.13-2.tar.gz, it pops up a dialog
> with the message:
> error unknown (or unsupported) file type `o'.
It appears to have downloaded the files correctly. Perhaps you need to
reget the http://cygwin.com/setup.exe file again. Perhaps you should
choose a different mirror.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple