This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setting directory path within Cygwin profile
- To: Philip Humeniuk <phumes1 at hotmail dot com>
- Subject: Re: setting directory path within Cygwin profile
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 14:50:04 -0500
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <F114r8pkpLkTgbLYluL000119e7@hotmail.com>
- Reply-To: Earnie Boyd <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Philip Humeniuk wrote:
> How would I go about setting the prompt to be the login directory path using
> "export PS1=" within the C:\cygwin\etc\profile?
That depends on the shell!! export PS1=" within the \$pwd> " will work
for most shells but not all. /bin/sh will not do the variable
substitution, PS1 must be constant for /bin/sh.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple