This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setting directory path within Cygwin profile
- To: "Philip Humeniuk" <phumes1 at hotmail dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: setting directory path within Cygwin profile
- From: "Michael A. Chase" <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 12:55:38 -0700
- References: <F114r8pkpLkTgbLYluL000119e7@hotmail.com>
The following command came in the /etc/profile that was installed when I
installed Cygwin 1.1. ^[ = ESC, ^G = BEL
Adding $HOME in there somewhere would put your login directory in it.
Give a hobbit a fish and he'll eat fish for a day.
Give a hobbit a ring and he'll eat fish for an age.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Humeniuk" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: setting directory path within Cygwin profile
> How would I go about setting the prompt to be the login directory path
> "export PS1=" within the C:\cygwin\etc\profile?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple