This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Eliminate make's search for sh.exe under Cygwin?
- To: "Earnie Boyd" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: Eliminate make's search for sh.exe under Cygwin?
- From: "Derek Pomery" <dpomery at cuc dot edu>
- Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:41:39 -0800
- References: <20010310002341.A10357@redhat.com> <3AAA45B1.169DD8E5@yahoo.com>
> Hmm... I seem to recall that make goes through lots of extra logic when
> WIN32 is defined so perhaps the removal of that definition alone will
> help. (I haven't looked recently.) Perhaps you should ask the "cause
> some problem" question internally at sources.redhat? I can't fathom
> that it would cause problems for the normal "I want UNIX or bust" user.
Yes! That's me exactly! I think I will change my shell prompt to:
Pity I still can't get ntsec logon authentication to work, especially now
that I'm reading that ntsec allows cygwin to do true permissions (although I
thought Corinna's ntsec FAQ said that NT couldn't emulate posix permissions
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple