This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Security hole? Request to list for help re: inet.exe on win2k/win98. Tried various FAQs all past week.
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Security hole? Request to list for help re: inet.exe on win2k/win98. Tried various FAQs all past week.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:00:12 +0200
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 02:07:31PM -0800, Derek Pomery wrote:
Your machine is a month back, somehow.
> Trouble is, no authentication occurred.
You have no password given in your /etc/passwd. That's needed on
W9x to have password authentication. Use `crypt' to create a
password and copy it into the pw_passwd field.
> Here is my /etc/passwd at the moment:
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple