This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rsh permission denied on CYGWIN 1.1.8-2
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Re: rsh permission denied on CYGWIN 1.1.8-2
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:49:10 +0200
- References: <NEBBJIDMDKEMHLEBMLGJOEHMCEAA.email@example.com>
On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 04:21:44PM -0500, Geeta Raman wrote:
> I have installed cygwin1.1.8-2 in my Windows NT 4.0 machine. I tried rsh
> from NT to Unix server using cygwin as follows
> rsh queen -l qa "ls"
> It gives Permission denied. But the .rhost file on my UNIX machine has an
> entry for my windows NT machine name and the login name( e.g. graman.ddi.com
> I searched the mail archive for that problem and I couldn't find the answer
> to this.
> It will be of great help If you could tell me what is wrong.
Probably your /etc/passwd? If you call `id', do you see your
correct user name?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple