[ANNOUNCEMENT] New on sources: postgresql-7.1RC2-1

I am pleased to announce the Cygwin PostgreSQL 7.1RC2 distribution.
PostgreSQL is an open-source, Object-Relational DBMS.

If interested, see the PostgreSQL web site for more details:

Please read the README file:

since it covers requirements, installation, known issues, etc.

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

Note that we have recently stopped downloads from
(aka due to bandwidth limitations.  This means that you will
need to find a mirror which has this update.

In the US,
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.

In Germany,
is usually pretty good.

In the UK,
is usually up-to-date within 48 hours.

The setup.exe program will figure out what needs to be updated on your
system and will install newer packages automatically.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: .  I would appreciate if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.  This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.

If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corp.               Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email:
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:

Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: