This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin not handling some keyboard keys...
- To: Henrique Seganfredo <dcc6hs at joinville dot udesc dot br>
- Subject: Re: cygwin not handling some keyboard keys...
- From: Dmitrii Pasechnik <dima at cs dot uu dot nl>
- Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 13:57:17 +0200 (MET DST)
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Henrique Seganfredo wrote:
>Hey folks...some characters do not work inside cygwin bash....I think this
>is some terminal emulation problem...anyway, I cannot get things like ",
I presume you're running non-English Win9* system.
The most clean way out in such a situation is to install a Win32/Cygwin
port of rxvt and run bash in in, with the keyboard switched to En(glish).
(the problem you describe is indeed a terminal emulation problem,
as you cannot run MSDOS prompt with the keyboard switched to nondefault
language settings. But it's a Microsoft problem, not a Cygwin problem,
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple