This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: troubles with postgresql-7.1RC2-1
- To: Pascal Molli <Pascal dot Molli at loria dot fr>
- Subject: Re: troubles with postgresql-7.1RC2-1
- From: Jason Tishler <Jason dot Tishler at dothill dot com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 12:39:23 -0400
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Organization: Dot Hill Systems Corp.
- References: <000701c0beb6$28725240$9b075198@nonsard>
On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 06:25:11PM +0200, Pascal Molli wrote:
> I have installed postgres-7.1RC2-1 on windows2000, with cygipc-1.09-2,
> and cygwin1.dll of 19 March.
> Terminating any active server processes...
> Server processes were terminated at Fri Apr 6 16:21:55 2001
> Reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
> c:\cygwin\usr\pgsql\bin\postgres.exe: *** recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed
> postmaster: Startup proc 516 exited with status 256 - abort
The above is a known problem with the 1.1.8-2 DLL. See the following
thread that begins with:
Did you shutdown *all* of your Cygwin processes (e.g. inetd) before
attempting to overwrite your 1.1.8-2 DLL? What is the output from
My WAG is that you are still running with the 1.1.8-2 DLL.
Director, Software Engineering Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corp. Fax: +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7 Email: Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA WWW: http://www.dothill.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple