This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe : nice in theory, not-so-clever in practice!
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: setup.exe : nice in theory, not-so-clever in practice!
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 13:27:44 -0400
- Cc: joe at speedtrap dot freeserve dot co dot uk
- References: <001b01c0bf82$722ed760$0101a8c0@oemcomputer>
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 05:47:27PM +0100, Joe wrote:
>Sorry, I *want* a monolithic installer!!! We used to have one with B19, and
>I would like it back! Please! :)
The net installer is already more than a year old. It's already
proven to be a success. It is not without faults but we are working
on that. We're not going to be changing it to a monolithic setup.exe
which will be ever-increasing in size and will require rebuilding every
time a net contributor adds or modifies a package.
We are not going back to the monolithic method.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple