This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: non-setup.exe package install?
- To: Joshua Franklin <joshuadfranklin at yahoo dot com>
- Subject: Re: non-setup.exe package install?
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:57:10 -0400
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
Joshua Franklin wrote:
> Is it possible to add one package without using
> setup.exe? Say you have your Cygwin just the way
> you'd like it and then become a vi fanatic and just
> have to have the latest vim. I know you can just
> tar -zcvf vim-foo.tar.gz in /, but what else does
> setup.exe do to keep track of an install?
Check out the /etc/setup directory and the source directory
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple