This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
OT: the real goal (was Re: If it is true, Please Help me.)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: OT: the real goal (was Re: If it is true, Please Help me.)
- From: "Robert Praetorius" <RPraetorius at AspenRes dot Com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 01:46:44 +1000
- Organization: Ministry of Hobo Regalia, Gauntlet Division
- References: <00e101c0bfc3$6bbdc260$6857a9cb@S7676530>; from email@example.com on Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 04:43:02PM -0700
- Reply-to: RPraetorius at AspenRes dot Com
> Cygwin was a proof of concept. Now that we have the technology, we
> will be able to move forward with the VMS on Windows project. Of
> course, that is just a stepping stone towards the eventual goal of
> TOPS-10 on Windows. But you must crawl before you can fly.
Why not Twenex first? Then we can run (most of) our -10 .EXEs
under PA1050 (a worthy predecessor to Cygwin). And NT does have copy-
on-write (presumably because someone finally convinced Cutler that it
was Cutler's idea in the 1st place). . .
And who knows what next? Perhaps Multics and ITS?
"oncology recapitulates philately" --Mark Maxson Robert M. Praetorius
"balance, not symmetry" --Mark Stanley home: rmp@MA.UltraNet.Com
(attribution by Stigler) work: RPraetorius@AspenRes.Com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple