This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: G++ guru's please comment - Re: FW: pthread_create problem in Cygwin 1.1.8-2]
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: RE: G++ guru's please comment - Re: FW: pthread_create problem in Cygwin 1.1.8-2]
- From: Dmitrii Pasechnik <dima at cs dot uu dot nl>
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:25:44 +0200 (MET DST)
On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Bernard Dautrevaux wrote:
>> This is one of those situations where it looks like gcc can't be
>> released until a version of cygwin is released with the requisite
>I don't understand: either cygwin support threading and gcc should be
>compiled with --enable-thread, or cygwin do not support threads, and then
>the program should not use them.
notice that gcc can also be compiled with --enable-thread=_lib_
- somthing that I wasn't able to get any documentation about...
Any clue how does this suppose to work?
>What seems to be the problem is that GCC thread-aware exception system is
>not properly PORTED to cygwin (if it cannot be compiled using current cygwin
>thread system). In this case one should either use gcc exception system OR
>cygwin threading system untill the cygwin GCC port has been fixed :-)
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple