Re: OpenSSH Build Questions

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 01:21:15AM -0700, Karl M wrote:
> Hi Corinna...
> The other day you had me build OpenSSH with pipes selected. When I installed
> it on my system, I just manually placed the .exe files where I found the
> previous versions.
> My question is how do I do this automatically (configure, patch/modify,
> make, tar install with setup.exe)? I would like to work with the partial
> authorization patch and create a tar that setup.exe will install on several
> systems for me.

cd <openssh-srcdir>
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/sbin
mkdir -p /INSTALL/usr/doc/Cygwin
make DESTDIR=/INSTALL install
cd contrib/cygwin
cp README /INSTALL/usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-2.5.2p2-3-Karl.README
cp ssh-*-config /INSTALL/bin
rm etc/ssh*
find . -type f -o -type l | tar cvzfT openssh-2.5.2p2-3-Karl.tar.gz -

> How does the naming convention work for updates?

It just performs a strcmp. So if the new version string (the part
right after "openssh-" is lexicographically greater than the
current version, it's treated as the new version. A `setup.hint'
file in the openssh directory could overwrite that so you better
delete it if it exists.

Cygwin Developer
Red Hat, Inc.

Want to unsubscribe from this list?