This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: getsem: can't open cygwin1S3.sigcatch.1468
- To: saw at ternion dot com
- Subject: Re: getsem: can't open cygwin1S3.sigcatch.1468
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:30:15 -0400
- CC: lhall at rfk dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
> I'm sorry, I didn't know what a "snapshot" was. I understand now. I've
> gone to your snapshots link and downloaded the cygwin1.dll binary. What's
> the best way to use the new binary? Should I just stop the cygwin service,
> rename the old cygwin1.dll and copy over the new cygwin1.dll and restart the
If you have trouble due to sharing, you might need to disable the
service and reboot to clear out the use lock on cygwin1.dll.
Note that you should remember that the dll may no longer match the
header files if you're doing development. You may want to install the
larger snapshot package that include both the dll and the
headers/libraries that go with it if you plan on developing against
this snapshot (i.e. to test, of course).
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple