This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems linking w/Readline!
- To: fairlite at fairlite dot com
- Subject: Re: Problems linking w/Readline!
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:11:07 -0400
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <20010411195348.A17854@iglou.com>
- Reply-To: Earnie Boyd <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
> I have been tinkering with this for a week now.
> I'm trying to compile something linked against readline. I have the latest
> from the contrib section of the cygwin dist. Readline 4.1-2.
> I get the following at link time:
> action.o(.text+0x584):action.c: undefined reference to `readline_echoing_p'
> parse.o(.text+0x43):parse.c: undefined reference to `readline_echoing_p'
> rl.o(.text+0x54):rl.c: undefined reference to `_rl_last_c_pos'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [tt++] Error 1
> Why? Both are defined in readline's source... So would someone mind
> telling me why it's not working? It's driving me batty. I'd be grateful
> for any assistance.
If they exist in private.h then they are not public functions. See the
/usr/doc/Cygwin/readline-4.1.README for instructions on linking against
the static version.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple