This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: building cygwin.dll instructions
- To: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Subject: Re: building cygwin.dll instructions
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:52:04 -0400
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <043601c0c2f0$ff29c140$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
- Reply-To: Earnie Boyd <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Robert Collins wrote:
> Can I suggest that the use of --prefix be documented? I mistakenly
> used --prefix=/usr and trashed my system a month or so ago - I just
> realised I never suggested it be documented. Something along the lines
> "Don't use a --prefix that refers to the final destination. Use
> a --prefix like "/usr/src/installcygwin" and from there take the files
> to your actual working directories."
IMO you should `../src/configure --prefix=/usr ...' and then do `make
install prefix=`pwd`/nstl' (or whatever directory you wish to install
them in). The reason for that has to do with the way some packages
hardcode absolute paths relative to the configured prefix.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple