This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can't Open Display
- To: E Dambik <dambik at indiana dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Can't Open Display
- From: Enoch Wu <ewu at eskimo dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:24:00 -0700
- Bcc: cygw
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <000301c0bf26$560f4e40$2fab0a23@huntharo> <002f01c0bf29$e1807370$0200a8c0@lifelesswks> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20010410224027.A4013859@MELON> <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: Enoch Wu <ewu at eskimo dot com>
On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 12:54:04PM -0500, E Dambik wrote:
> Yes, this is a Windows 2000 machine. I checked the "OS"
> envinronmental variable when I re-installed XFree -- it's
> "Windows_NT". Tried each command from the startxwin
> script manually, stripped off the "if"s and "start"s -- same
Well, it appears that the OS environment variable conflict may be
incidental and uncommon. However it did happen to me and was the
result of some corporate decision.
At least you have ruled out the OS environment variable.
> Is everyone having this problem also running Windows
> 2000? With DirectX8?
It appears that the problem is deeper than that.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple