This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can't Open Display
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Can't Open Display
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 23:17:24 -0400
- Cc: Enoch Wu <ewu at eskimo dot com>, E Dambik <dambik at indiana dot edu>
- References: <000301c0bf26$560f4e40$2fab0a23@huntharo> <002f01c0bf29$e1807370$0200a8c0@lifelesswks> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20010410224027.A4013859@MELON> <email@example.com> <20010411202400.B4053139@MELON>
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 08:24:00PM -0700, Enoch Wu wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 12:54:04PM -0500, E Dambik wrote:
>> Yes, this is a Windows 2000 machine. I checked the "OS"
>> envinronmental variable when I re-installed XFree -- it's
>> "Windows_NT". Tried each command from the startxwin
>> script manually, stripped off the "if"s and "start"s -- same
>Well, it appears that the OS environment variable conflict may be
>incidental and uncommon. However it did happen to me and was the
>result of some corporate decision.
>At least you have ruled out the OS environment variable.
>> Is everyone having this problem also running Windows
>> 2000? With DirectX8?
>It appears that the problem is deeper than that.
It also appears that you are posting to the wrong mailing list...
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple