This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
no cron in cygwin?
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: no cron in cygwin?
- From: Greg Matheson <lang at ms dot chinmin dot edu dot tw>
- Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:45:29 +0800
I wanted to upload files to an NT server on which I have
installed cywin, by running an expect script on it as a cron job,
but I see there is no cron in cygwin.
What is my next step?
1. Look into installing cron myself? This is the option that I
would give me the result I would like most, but there must be a
reason that the cygwin crew hasn't incorporated a cron yet. For
example, it must be a daemon or something.
2. Look around for an NT equivalent? This is the option I want
to explore least. I don't want to learn more about NT than I have
3. Think about a continually running expect script that goes to
sleep for long periods? I would prefer to avoid this. I want to
keep my activity on the server as limited as possible.
What should I do next. If this is not the right place for this
question, tell me where to go.
Greg Matheson Teaching: computer programming
Chinmin College, done by monkeys.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple