This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: help for installing cygwin on Windows ME needed
- To: rahul_toley at yahoo dot com
- Subject: Re: help for installing cygwin on Windows ME needed
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:35:16 -0400
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Target Platform : Windows ME (problem ?)
> Executable version :cygwin-1.1.8-1.tar.gz after
> untarring and gziping (i use powerarchivers extracter)
Please use Cygwin's setup program (http://cygwin.com/setup.exe).
There are registry entries and desktop shortcuts to set up also.
> Effect : If I execute any of the executables in the
> cygwin directory under bin I see a black shell opening
> and then gets killed. I cant makeout anything from
Cygwin programs don't work that way. Open a shell window, *then* run
the programs from the command line.
> Side Questions: which is the main executable. i
> tried running cygpath.exe cygcheck.exe
If you run setup, there's a "cygwin" icon on the desktop to click on.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple